Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cross country

Cross country was confirmed on Thursday, and everyone got into their house colors. Feeling nervous I was still thinking of me finishing last while everyone looking at me. Mr Burt called us to the starting line. I felt energetic when I was standing at the start line.


Mr Burt clapped the red wooden block to start the race. I didn't hear Mr Burt clap the wooden block so I didn't start running until I saw the boys in front of me’ OH NO’’ then I took off as fast as I could to catch up to my friends.


I ran 1 long lap around Pt England without walking .On the second lap I started walking for a little while until I catch my breath then I continued. When I saw the finish line I sprinted the whole way. I felt energetic as I crossed the finished line.

When I ran over the finish I was happy the run was over ‘’ finally ‘’. After the run I went for a long drink of water. Overall I thought cross country was fun, But also challenging.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Hey Leka,

I like your post about Cross Country. I really liked how you described how you felt and all the things that were going through your mind at the time. I liked how you used speech in your writing, especially in the second chapter. I'm glad that you had fun, even though you thought it was challenging.

Just make sure to proof read your writing before you post it. Give it to a buddy so you can make sure it makes sense, other than that great work!

Keep it up!

Post a Comment